Visit California, the official marketing organization for the promotion of tourism in California, with a budget of over $125 million and offices in 14 international locations, has created various marketing regions. We are in the North Coast, which is Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte and Lake Counties.
Visit California provides a maximum of $60,000 annual funding for the region subject to a 1 to 1 match. The primary purpose of the region is international marketing, an activity none of the counties have the budget to do alone.
The region has a web site, www.northcoastca.com and facebook page, Explore California’s North Coast. The purpose of both is to drive traffic to county and member web sites.
Several regions have adopted an associate membership category. This category will broaden both the reach of marketing the region and enhance the income needed for the match.
BENEFITS AND COST OF MEMBERSHIP
- Inclusion of the logo, url and a 25-50 word listing on the web site, along with a photo and a listing as a featured destination
- Periodic facebook posts
- Logo and url on the Redwood Highway map, the primary collateral for the region
- Inclusion in the newsletter
- Inclusion in the flash drive given out to international and domestic prospects
- Priority for FAM participation
- Personal promotion of business at international and domestic trade events and sales missions
- Personal outreach to tour operators
- Inclusion in a one sheet highlighting associate members
- Assistance in converting sales leads into contracts
$3,000 annually or $750 per quarter.
If you are interested in becoming a member or need more information contact Richard Strom at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (707) 486-1330, or by filling out the form on this page.